These terms and conditions are valid binding and enforceable against all persons that access the Garminonline website (www.garminonline.co.za), web pages or any part thereof. You are automatically bound by these terms and conditions by virtue of you accessing this site. These terms are a legal agreement between you and Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd and will govern your use of the Services. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, do not continue your use of the website and the Services.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Between (i) Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd Reg No 2007/019450/07 (“the Company/Garmin”); and (ii) you (the “User”).
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS. Your electronic submissions constitute your agreement and intent to be bound by these terms and pay for such products and transactions entered into. For purposes hereof, the Garmin online shop, products and website will be called the “Services”. The Services, products, materials and information offered by means of the use of this website and/or the online Services feature are provided to you, as the User, subject to your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this agreement. E&OE.
When using, browsing or accessing this website and/or online Services, you accept all the terms and conditions of this agreement, including, in particular, the limitations on use, liability and warranty set out hereunder.
- VOUCHERS AND TRADE COUPONS. The Terms and Conditions of the specific promotional offer in respect of which a voucher/trade coupon has been issued shall apply additional to the terms hereof. Please see the particular promotional offer for details of where such terms may be found.
- OWNERSHIP. This website, the content thereof, the products and the online Services are the property of Garmin and all proprietary rights therein vest in Garmin. Ownership of all intellectual property rights, including the trade marks indicated on the website, vest in Garmin and/or its affiliates/suppliers. The User is not authorised to use, amend or exploit any of the intellectual property rights, including the trade marks in any manner whatsoever, without the prior written consent of Garmin. The User shall, other than for his personal and non‐commercial use, not store on his computer, or print copies of extracts from this website, and not, other than for his personal and non‐commercial use, mirror or cache information provided via this website on his own server or other computer or other storage facility of whatsoever nature; copy, adapt, modify or re‐use the text or graphics from this website without prior written permission of Garmin.
- NO IMPROPER USE OR UNLAWFUL CONDUCT. The User will not use this website and any of the services
offered for any purpose that is unlawful, improper or prohibited by these terms and conditions. Improper
actions include, but are not limited to: activities designed to defame, embarrass, harm, abuse, threaten, insult
or harass third parties; activities prohibited by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and/or foreign territories
in which the User is resident or conduct business; activities designed to encourage unlawful behavior by
others; terrorist acts; the invasion of the privacy of a third party; racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
and activities designed to impersonate the identity of a third party.
- USE OF SERVICES. The User agrees that it will only use this website, the information contained hereon and
the online services in respect of the specific purposes for which it is created for. In using the website, information or online services, the User will not: (a) disrupt or interfere with any other user's enjoyment of such services or materials or any affiliated or linked sites, (b) upload, post or otherwise transmit any viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, (c) create a false identity, (d) use or attempt to use another's account, password, service or system without authorization from the Company, (e) access or attempt to access any service or content which the User is not authorized to access, (f) disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, any system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through such feature or any affiliated or linked sites, (g) conduct any surveys, contests, pyramid
schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise), (h) threaten, defame, abuse, harass, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of
privacy and publicity) of others, (i) publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, obscene, or unlawful topic, name, material or information; (j) upload or otherwise make available files that contain
images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patents, designs, privacy and publicity laws unless the User own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary authority to do the same, (k) advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any purpose, (l) violate any laws or regulations of the Republic of South Africa or any other country applicable.
- YOUR ACCOUNT. As a registered user of the Services, you will be required to establish an account. Never
reveal your account information, log in and/or password to anyone. You are responsible for keeping last
mentioned confidential and for any activity on your account. If you suspect a breach of this security you have
to inform the Company without delay and on receipt, the Company may reject any orders not yet executed
and deactivate your access codes and account. The Company will not be responsible for any losses due to
the unauthorized use of the account.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The use of this website and online Services is at the User’s own risk. Garmin, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, officers, directors, employees, partners or suppliers will not be liable to the User or any third party for any damages whatsoever. Garmin provides the Services with the following LIMITATIONS ON ITS LIABILITY to the maximum extent permitted by law for any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) the User’s use of the website and online Services; (b) the User’s violation of these terms and conditions or (c) the User’s violation of any law, rule or regulation or the rights of any other person or entity.
- THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES. This website and online Services may also make available other Services, service providers, dealings, web sites and/or web pages operated by third parties offering material, information and online Services (the "third party Services").
- NO WARRANTY. Except as expressly provided otherwise in a written agreement between the User and Garmin, Garmin provides the Services with the following LIMITATIONS ON ITS LIABILITY to the maximum extent permitted by the prevailing law; this website, online Services, and all products, materials and Services offered through or in association with such features, are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or the warranty of non‐infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Garmin and its suppliers make no warranty that (a) the website, online service, other Services, products or materials will meet the User’s requirements, (b) the website, online service, other Services products or materials will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, virus‐free or error‐free; or will be compatible with other software or applications to be used with or applied to, (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the website, online service or other Services and materials will be effective, accurate or reliable, (d) the quality of the website, online service, or any products, materials or other Services will meet the User’s expectations and (e) any errors in any software obtained from or used through the website, online Services, products and materials, or any defects in the Services and products or materials, will be corrected, or that (f) the information provided will be accurate. Garmin reserves the right to suspend the Services for indefinite periods and/or cancel same without notice to you.
- ACCURACY OF INFORMATION AND PRODUCTS. The website and online Services and other services, products and materials could include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. Garmin may make changes to the website, online Services, other Services, information, products and materials, including the prices and descriptions of any products, at any time, without notice to you.
- MODIFICATION. Garmin reserves the right to change these terms and conditions. The User is responsible for reviewing these terms and conditions each time it uses the website and online Services. The User’s continued use of the website and online Services constitutes the User’s agreement to the terms and conditions current at that time.
- GENERAL. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in respect of the subject matter thereof. In the event of the invalidity/illegality of any part or portion of this agreement for any reason whatsoever, such invalidity/illegality shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other part or provision of this agreement and such invalid/illegal part or portion shall be deemed to have been struck out of the agreement as if it was never written. No waiver by Garmin in respect of the User’s actions or omissions with regard to any breach, failure or default in performance by the User, and no failure, refusal or neglect by Garmin to exercise any right hereunder or to insist upon strict compliance with or performance of the User’s obligations under this agreement, shall constitute a waiver of the provisions of this agreement and Garmin may at any time require strict compliance with the provisions hereof.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in the Republic of South Africa in a South African Court.
- ADVERTISING, SALES & PROMOTIONS. Garmin will attempt to have sufficient stock available to meet anticipated consumer demand (unless it specifically indicates a limitation on the amount of stock available).
Download Terms and Conditions PDF FORMAT